Take your seat at Le théâtre of Vancouver

Community

Take your seat at Le Théâtre of Vancouver!

Prenez vos places, the performances are about to begin.

We are excited to be opening soon the new Alliance Française Vancouver, the heart of French language, Francophonie and cultural diversity in Vancouver.

Our upcoming and awaited building will include a new theatre, paramount point of culture and the arts.  This performing space will heighten your senses and take you to another world through the vibration of the instruments, set design and dramatic presentations. As theatregoers know, it is a unique experience that cannot be replicated online. And now, you can engrave your love and support of theatre by naming a seat.

You’re invited to be a part of this vibrant new gathering place by donating to our community campaign. Your tax-deductible gift of $750 will be recognized in the new théâtre by having a seat inscribed with a plaque in your honour.

For over a century, Alliance Française Vancouver has been the place where people with an appreciation for French language and culture have gathered.  Be a part of this legacy by investing in this campaign. Recognize your family members, a special person in your life, an occasion like an anniversary or birthday, your company or another organization. How you want to honour those closest to you is your decision.

Be a part of this legacy

Recognize a special person in your life or any organization by naming a seat in their honor.
Support francophone cultures by investing in this campaign.

The new Alliance Française Vancouver theatre is a professional-standard, black box theatre featuring 165 seats suitable for concerts, dance, theatre, cinema and lectures. Fully accessible, with seats reserved for disabled persons on the first row, full access for wheelchairs on a dedicated platform, and a fully accessible control room – the first in Vancouver. 

Are you ready to make a gift?

Make your contribution today or explore our donation possibilities by making a pledge. A pledge makes it possible for you to make a donation in 3 or 5 payments. To discuss more about your gift to this community campaign,  contact Marion Segura, Fundraising & Development Coordinator at development@alliancefrancaise.ca or (604).327.0201 (ext. 107) to discuss options  for making your donation to Alliance Française Vancouver.

Frequently Asked Questions

YOUR DETAILS

First Name
Last Name
E-Mail Address
Contact Phone
Address
 City
province
Postal code
Please indicate what you would like your seat inscription(s) to say: ( final copy will be confirmed with you in spring 2023) 
PLEASE CHECK HERE IF YOU WISH TO MAKE AN ANONYMOUS DONATION:

YOUR SEATS

SEAT SELECTIONIf you wish to pay by pledge, contact development@alliancefrancaise.ca
Select Payment Method

Terms and Conditions

• You will be given the opportunity to select your dedicated seat at the time of the donation
  • Your dedicated seats will bear the inscription you choose until the theatre needs significant repair or upgrade and for no less than 15 years.
  • Seats can be dedicated to honour:
    • A person, family, organization or company
    • An occasion or significant milestone
  • Inscriptions' final copy will be confirmed in the Winter of 2023/24
  • No logos or graphics will be imprinted on seat plaques
  • All inscriptions are subject to approval by Alliance Française Vancouver

Testimonials from our cultural partners

"...the support of the AFV was essential to develop my artistic career in B.C. By lending me a space to develop and present my theatre play, the AFV helped me create the first contact with vancouverites and let people discover my work...It is my wish that the AFV can support other artists as it has done with me so that the francophone artists of Vancouver can be more prominent in the province..."
Anaïs Pellin Artist, Kleine Compagnie
"...The AFV is helping to enhance the image of the Alliances françaises, and - with the new "flagship" building planned for 2023 - will be able to raise the stakes even higher in terms of the discoverability and influence of France, always by promoting structuring local partnerships...."
Alexandre Col Former Cultural and Educational Cooperation Attaché (2020-2022)