France is well-known for being a great nation of cookery. Indeed its gastronomy is one of the major ambassador of the French cultural radiance. And cookery is so important that it is widely spread, even in the others arts such as cinema. Thus, a lot of movies are dedicated to French gastronomy, for our great pleasure.
From rustic to molecular cookery, the Alliance Française Vancouver offers to regale your eyes and mouth thanks to a movie-tasting cycle.
Three evenings, three movies, three tastings !
Tonight's tasting will include the following extraordinary flavours:
- Smoked trout rillette with spinach coulis
- Pan seared duck breast with cranberry relish and micro celery leaf
- Albacore tuna with tomato jam, olive and crumbled egg
- Radish and goat cheese mousse with micro basil
- French meringues with Grand Marnier soaked berries
Keep in mind that tasting doesn’t mean dinner !
Then the Movie:
COMME UN CHEF - The Chef de Daniel Cohen
84min - 2012 - Comedy
Starring Jean Reno (Léon, La rafle, Les visiteurs, Le grand bleu, Nikita)
In French with English subtitles.
A veteran chef faces off against his restaurant group's new CEO, who wants to the establishment to lose a star from its rating in order to bring in a younger chef who specializes in molecular gastronomy.