Registration and Payment:
- Full payment is required before the first day of class.
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No pro rata rate applies for students who begin the class after the commencement date.
- Organizations will only be invoiced when a purchase order/letter of authority is supplied with the enrollment form. Invoices must be paid in full within 7 days and prior to course commencement.
- Course can be purchased:
- ONLINE (VISA, MASTERCARD)
- OVER THE PHONE - 604 327-0201 (VISA, MASTERCARD).
- OVER THE COUNTER – 6161 Cambie Street, Vancouver (CASH, DEBIT, VISA, MASTERCARD)
Placement test: Students with prior knowledge of French must complete our $20 mandatory placement test (deductible from tuition fees upon registration within 3 months). The written test is available on our website; students will need to take an appointment for the oral part.
A $30 non-refundable administrative/membership fee is required at the time of the first yearly enrolment (valid 1 year).
Course cancellations and viability: A minimum enrolment of 5 students is required to recover course costs. If that minimum is not reached, Alliance Française reserves the right to reduce the length of the program with 3 or 4 students or cancel the class. Every attempt will be made to notify you before your first class.
- Twice a week classes for Adults: 3 students: 20 hours; 4 students: 24 hours; 5 students or more: no reduction (28 hours).
- One class of 2 hours a week for Adults: 3 students: 10 hours; 4 students: 12 hours; 5 students or more: no reduction (14 hours).
- One class of 3 hours a week for Adults: 3 students: 15 hours; 4 students: 18 hours; 5 students or more: no reduction (21 hours).
- 1.5 hour a week classes for Kids: 3 students: 1 hour per week; 4 students: 1 hour and 15 minutes per week; 5 students or more: no reduction (1.5 hour per week).
- 2 hours a week classes for Teens: 3 students: 1.5 hour per week; 4 students: 1 hour and 45 minutes per week; 5 students or more: no reduction (2 hours per week).
For cancelled classes only: an alternative course, credit or full refund will be offered.
Class maximum sizes:
- Adult classes: 15 students;
- Teen classes: 15 students;
- Kids classes: 15 students.
Transfers: Transfers into another level will only be considered in the first 2 weeks of commencement of the course, after discussion with the Course Manager.
Withdrawals, deferment & refunds:
- No refunds nor credits will be granted after the start of the course or once a tutor is assigned;
- Refund requests must be submitted (via email) at least 5 business days prior to the course commencement date. Only credits will be granted for cancellations notified (via email) less than 5 full working days and at least 1 business day prior to the course commencement date. 15 business days notice is required for summer camps.
- A $25 cancellation fee will be applied to all cancellations (excluding exams)
- For private tutoring and online course, if the student cancels the lesson less than 24 hours (one business day) before the class, the scheduled tutoring hours / videoconference will be considered taken. Cancellation must be submitted via email to the teacher or to the reception team.
- Alliance Française de Vancouver cannot be held responsible for students’ changes in work commitments or personal circumstances;
- All credits and tutoring hours are valid for one (1) year. For online course: access to the plateform is valid five (5) months.
Catch-up lessons: A student who enrolls in a course enrolls for the duration of the course and no pro rata rate applies. If a class is missed for personal reasons, the Alliance Française de Vancouver cannot be held responsible and a no refund or credit policy applies.
Catch-up lessons are offered at the following rates:
- For 2 hours of class missed a 30-minute catch-up class at $25.
- For 3 hours of class missed a 45-minute catch-up class at $35
- For 4 hours of class missed a 1-hour catch-up class at $45.
A catch-up lesson must be organized with at least 48 hours’ notice, subject to the teacher’s availability. Full lesson fee is payable at time of request of the catch-up lesson. No refund of the fee for a catch-up lesson will be granted if the student cancels the lesson.
If more than 4 hours of classes have been missed, catch-up lessons do not apply. Private tuition at normal private tuition rates can be organized subject to the student’s approval and teacher’s availability.
Cancellation of International tests (TEF, TCF, DELF, DALF, DAEFLE):
- DELF/DALF exams: when cancellation is made before the registration deadline, a $25 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund. When cancellation is made after the registration deadline, neither refund nor credit will be granted.
- TEF/TCF/DAEFLE exams: any registration to the TEF, TCF or DAEFLE is final. Neither refund nor credit will be granted
Public holidays: Classes will not be held on BC public holidays.
Discounts & concession rates: With our reward card “AF rewards”, your loyalty is rewarded. Collect 1 point on each session. Collect 3 points to get a 5% off on your next tuition fee.
Family registration: (couple, brother & sister only)
|The 1st member||Full price|
|The 2nd member||-10% (group class tuition fee)|
|The 3rd member||-15% (group class tuition fee)|
Please note that you must present documentation to receive a concession rate. One discount per person applies. Discount applies on the lowest tuition fee.
Medical attention: In the event of personal emergency, sudden illness or accident, you authorize AFV to seek medical, hospital or ambulance services on your behalf where the AFV, in its absolute discretion, considers it necessary or appropriate to do so. You agree that you will be solely responsible for any expenses associated with the provision of such services.
Privacy statement: Protecting your privacy and personal information is important to AFV. It is, however, important for us to collect certain personal information from you in order to offer you effective and efficient service.
We will only collect information from you with your knowledge and consent; only use personal information provided by you for the purpose/s for which it was collected, not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent, ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to other institutions except if required by law or other regulation, and remove your personal information from our system where it is no longer required.
Please call us (604 327 0201) to provide any necessary corrections to your personal information.
Disclaimer: The Alliance Française de Vancouver makes every reasonable effort to ensure that course information supplied is correct at all times. It reserves the right to change any course, private tuition, fees and tutors when necessary. All attempts will be made to notify enrolled students about any changes.
Students need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Photo release: I hereby grant permission to Alliance Française de Vancouver the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute photographs, films, videotapes, and sound recordings of me or my child, taken during Classes or Camps without compensation or approval rights, for use in materials created for purposes of promoting the activities of Alliance Française de Vancouver only.
Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Province of British-Columbia and, by signing this agreement, you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that Province.